Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unlocking fields locked by a signature (need answer)

Level 3

So I have a form with signature fields that, when signed, lock all fields in the form. I want to add a button in my form that will allow specific users to unlock form fields that have been locked by the signatures so that changes can be made after the signatures have been applied, without removing the signatures.

I tried creating a button that would prompt users for a password, and if they entered the correct password it would unlock the fields. This works when a field is locked in any other instance( such as by a button or a scripted action) but it will not unlock fields that are locked by a digital signature. Below is the code I used to create my password button:

var cPas = app.response ({ cQuestion:"Enter the password", cTitle:"Unlock Form", bPassword:true, cLabel:"Password"});

if(cPas == "1234") {

oTargetField = this.resolveNode("TextField1");

oTargetField.access = "open";

} else app.alert("Access Denied, User canceled operation");

Is there a way to unlock fields that have been locked by a digital signature without removing the signature?

Note: I also do no want to manually script each signature to lock the necessary fields, as that would take a while and I suspect it might affect t performance of the form.

0 Replies