Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Unable to view entered data in Livecycle designer

Former Community Member

Hi..

In the process of understanding Data DOM and form DOM, I created a form with one interactive numeric field.  When I'm in PDF preview, I tried to save the form with the value I entered in numeric field. But I didnt see any option to save the pdf preview with data. Do we have any option to save the PDF preview with data we entered in the preview? I want to do this because I'm curious to check the XML source (xfa Template and XFA data) where the user entered data is actually getting stored.

I tried a second option of creating the interactive numeric field with email submit button (taget file = pdf) . In pdf preview, entered some value in numeric field and pressed the email button. I'm directed to my default email browser with pdf document attached. I saved the pdf attachment from the email and opened it using adobe reader. I could able to see the value I entered in pdf preview. I tried to open the same document using livecycle designer and checked for the value I entered in the field in the XML source. But, I could not see the value. Why is it like that??

My intention of the whole above process is to check the xml source about how it is building it's xml data based on the user entry. I'm  trying to get more understanding of forms architecture behaviour in the runtime.

Regards,

kc

2 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

If you want to check how XML in pdf looks like you can use next:

Put button on your form, make it submit button from Oject tab - Field - Control type, Submit tab - choose Submit as XML and Submit URL make mailto:1@1.com for example.  After you press this button you will be able to store XML file of your form.

BR,

Paul Butenko

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I already worked on extracting the data XML and I got it.

Do we have any option of saving the pdf document in the pdf preview with user entered data?  And the form I submit using the submit button (as XDP/PDF), can I see the user data entered data in the pdf  when I open it in livecycle designer? I just want to check the xml source where it is updating the data of XML source when use enters some data in the form.

Regards,

Krishna