Expand my Community achievements bar.

unable to save designer pdf after editing.

Level 1

After editing a form I can't save the form to the same file name. I receive the following message:

error message.JPG

Needless to say, the form is not shared or open anywhere else.

I've set permissions on the file, folder and designer, I've set compatibility on the urls,  but nothing makes a difference. Imagine saving every few minutes and having to give a different file name every time. I have to keep on deleting previous versions.

Any ideas? I'm quite desperate....

7 Replies

Level 2

Make sure you don't have the folder open in Windows Explorer with the 'preview' area enabled.

Level 1

Sorry, need to be more specific, I did compatibility settings in explorer because the completed pdf form is auto generated and populated from a web based application called Collaborator and the preferred browser is Explorer. The problem is in Designer es4, I insert encryption in the form on the submit event and need to edit and review all the time. To save time I save and open the form in adobe reader XI because the pdf viewer in es4 is too slow with bulky scripts.

Level 2

I'm talking about Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer.

If you're opening a file from inside a browser window, make sure you've saved a copy to a sensible place on your local hard drive before editing it. You can't save back to the server.

Level 1

I mean saving from designer to my local files, client side before the pdf is uploaded on server.

Level 1

Thanks for your suggestions, i will close explorer before saving and see what happens

Level 1

Such a simple thing creating so many problems. You were right, the preview window was the problem, so thanks again for responding! You learn something new every day!