Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Unable to load LocalLibrary.xml

Level 1

Hi,

I try to use Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.0. Wenn I start the Application I'm getting the Error:

Unable to load LocalLibrary: \\Serverpath\Appdata\Adobe\Designer\8.0\DE\Objects\LocalLibrary.xml

This message is followed by:

Unable to load local Template: \\Serverpath\Appdata\Adobe\Designer\8.0\DE\Templates\LocalTemplates.xml

Then the Application quits.

The searched files are right there at the named place and full rights are given. I tried to replace the files with there virgin counterparts from the installation directory and I have reinstalled the Application, but it doesn't work. I have found some Discriptions of this Error in the web, but no solution. Can somebody help?

Best regards

F.

4 Replies

Level 10

The path separators in Acrobat are device independent.

Use / instead of \

Here an explaination:

http://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/file-paths-acrobat-javascript

Level 1

Thanks for your response. But I'm not using JavaScript. The error allready erupts while starting the application. And I can't see any option in LiveCycle, where I could change the path. In my Registry I found no hardcoded templatepathes either. I think the application simply asks Windows for the Appdata-Path of the logged in user and forms the standard templatepath from it.

Level 10

Hi,

look for the file LocalLibrary.xml.

Open it with the editor. The content should look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<objectLibraryTabSet>
   <tab name="Standard" directory=".\Standard" permission="adm"/>
   <tab name="Eigene" directory=".\Custom" permission="adm"/>
   <tab name="Barcodes" directory=".\Barcodes" permission="adm"/>
</objectLibraryTabSet>

Also, try to delete/rename the "Designer"Folder under your user account.

Designer will create a new folder with the defaults on next start.

On Vista/Win7 it is:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

On Win XP it is:

C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Adobe

Level 1

Hi,

my LocalLibrary.xml looks exactly like you posted.

I deleted my Designer-Folder and the application created a new one, as you said. The error still occured.

But I have found a solution!

I'm working here in a corporated network. The personal profiles in our network lieing on a serversite, not on the local harddisk. And this seems to be the problem. As I logged in as a local user the application worked. The problem must lie in the creation-process of the App-Data on the serversite. After I copied the App-Data of the local user to my net user account, the application worked. Let's hope, this is stable.

I'm still not sure, what the emerging problem is. I can defenitly assure you, there is no problem with user-rights of the network-user-account. On the site, where the Designerfolder is created, he has full rights.

Thanks for the help

F.