Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Unable to convert the HTML to PDF using PDF generator in Adobe workbench

Level 2

HI All,

Need urgent help..... Please

We have a workflow where we need to convert the html page to PDF, but when am using PDF generator its showing below error 

ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:152)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)

Caused by: ALC-PDG-1000-000: com.adobe.livecycle.generatepdf.client.ConversionException: ALC-PDG-001-000-Conversion of the input file failed because of an exception.
<unknown error code>
Caused by: ALC-DSC-52016-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCException: <unknown error code>
at com.adobe.pdfg.callbacks.HTMLToPDFTransactionCallback.doInTransaction(HTMLToPDFTransactionCallback.java:161)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.doRequiresNew(EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.java:218)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EJSLocalStatelessEjbTransactionBMTAdapter_3af08fdf.doRequiresNew(Unknown Source)

Please help 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I found a help page which may apply here as the resulting error looks strikingly similar to yours: https://helpx.adobe.com/livecycle/kb/pdfg-timeout-configuration.html

It is about timeout settings which can cause a problem when not correct.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee
What form is the HTML page coming in? Is this a file? Or as a URL? Does the server have access to the internet or to the source of HTML? Have you ever been able to use this before or is this the first time? Could it be that the HTML contains unsupported things? Just a list of things to check - the error is unfortunately very unspecific.

Level 2
Under adminui, the PDF generator --> HTML to PDF converison. There am uploading the html file, no earlier it was not working as using this for first time. and the HTML file which am using doesnt contain any unsupported data

Correct answer by
Employee

I found a help page which may apply here as the resulting error looks strikingly similar to yours: https://helpx.adobe.com/livecycle/kb/pdfg-timeout-configuration.html

It is about timeout settings which can cause a problem when not correct.

Level 2
I tried to change the timeout but still its not working, below are the log details