Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to automatically populate fields that have Global Data Binding

Level 5

Hello,

I have a long LCD form with a button at the top that I use to fill the form with test data.  So that button just has a bunch of "rawValue = ____" statements.  But a few of the fields in the form use global data binding, and the button just won't fill those fields.  So I still have to fill those fields manually every time I want to test.  Can anyone tell me if there's a way to get around this?  Thanks for any help.

Kam.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Just figured out the answer myself.  The issue was one of the questions being filled in was a Yes/No radio button that had "xfa.host.resetData" command in it.  So every time that radio button is clicked, the resetData function would clear out the fields in that section, and then of course everywhere else because of the global data binding.  I removed the resetData function, and problem solved.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

Just figured out the answer myself.  The issue was one of the questions being filled in was a Yes/No radio button that had "xfa.host.resetData" command in it.  So every time that radio button is clicked, the resetData function would clear out the fields in that section, and then of course everywhere else because of the global data binding.  I removed the resetData function, and problem solved.