Expand my Community achievements bar.

Typing text in fields

Level 1

I just got off chat with Adobe. I have a government form I need to edit (add pages, fill out fields etc). It was created in Live Cycle and I was told I would have to edit in LC.

So...how the heck do I add text to the fields? When I click on them they just highlight. and I cannot seem to find a way to just add text. If I go to preview PDF and type there, when I go back to designer, the text is gone.

Ideas? I am sure it is simple and I am just missing something. I haven't used LC before.

2 Replies

Level 1

Oh, Adobe told me if I need to add pages etc as I go, I cannot edit in LC, open and fill in Acrobat and go back and forth. LC deletes the text each time it is opened. So they said I MUST only use LC.

Level 10

Hi,

Adobe LiveCycle is to edit PDF files. If there is already data saved in the form it will disappear because it only edits the initial PDF form. It wouldn't be convenient to be able to edit filled in PDF in LiveCycle for security purposes.

In LiveCycle you can change PDF files like you want them to look like with all the options available. If you are new to this, I suggest you go take some tutorials on youtube and/or blogs, forums... etc.

Good Luck!