Expand my Community achievements bar.

Two Problems -"0" value continues to be displayed after input, I need to create a look-up table

Former Community Member

First off, I am a LiveCycle newbie, I stumbled across the program a couple of weeks ago so I'm drinking from a firehose trying to understand all of this. I have a deadline (May 15th) to create a form for field crew deployment, and also, this is part of my Grad project  that will be in my presentation on May 28th.

All of that being said, here's the scenario:

I have a custom data collection form that I have created that is functional but I have run into a few problems. First, in a calculated field box, a "0" shows up in the boxes which is fine. The problem is, one will not go away after a value is entered for the calculation. The calculated number shows up, but it is superimposed over the "0". This is the only calculated box this happens in, I have 12-15 throughout the fom with no issues.

I'm using FormCalc in the entire sheet and the formula for this specific calculation is this:

form1.#subform[0].PrevIndxWrksht[11]::calculate - (FormCalc, client)

PrevIndxWrksht[12]*1

This is the same calculation used on ever other field (except the "multiply by" value) and this is the only one with the non-dissapearing "0".

2nd - these forms will be running on Android tablets, there are Windows Office Suite emulators but not the actual program and Access is a complete no go. I have drop downs that have 1114 vegetation species (same for each drop down). I need to be able to have the species relate to a "indicator status" field that will select the proper indicator based on the species. There are only 5 indicators so unique ID's of 1-5 can be used. Without the ability to link to Access how can I accompish this? The Excel emulator will work on the tablets so I'm guessing I can create a spreadsheet with 3 columns that have Key, Species, and Indicator Status? As I said, I'm new to the LiveCycle scripting, so please make it very simple for me.

BONUS QUESTION!!! Is it possible to type in the first three letter of the species and have it scroll to that point in the drop down? With that many species we now type in the first letter and it will go to the first species genus alphabetically, but entering the second letter will jump to the next genus. I'd like to enter (example) "SAL" and have the drop down jump to "Salix alaxensis", the first species with the genus "Salix"

Thanks in advance, sorry for the long form questions.

1 Reply

Former Community Member

If anyone could address just one of these problems I'd appreciate it. I've had 118 views with no response.