Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Trying to expand form over two pages

Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to finish up a Purchase Order form that I've been working on sporadically for the last couple months... (which probably isn't helping me much because I'm forgetting what I've done and haven't done.)

Right now the form is only one page but we need it to be able to expand on to two pages if necessary.  I believe I have it saved as a dynamic form.  (I'm going to try to figure out how to attach the file so you can see what I've been up to.)

I want the table to be able to expand... (you'll see an add item button - but I've never been able to get it to work.)  I've been lurking these forums and trying to copy samples... but with no success.  The detail cells are set up that I can get multiple lines so that works. 

I think I've got the form to work that as the cells expand everything flows down the page properly... the problem is that the subsequent information just dissapears rather than go onto another page.  I can't figure out how to fix that for the life of me.   If anyone can help... it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

5 Replies

Level 7

Try selecting the topmost subform (PurchaseRequsitionForm) and click the Auto-Fit checkbox in the layout tab under height.

Level 2

Thank You. That does help move the table to the next page... the only problem is that it moves the whole table to the next page I believe that I have "allow page breaks within content" selected so - I'm not sure why this would be the case.

Thanks again for your help.

Level 7

You would need to also select "allow page breaks within content" for each subform that you want to allow to break across pages, i.e. your table subform and any other expanding subforms unless of course you have a section that has to stay together. You nearly had it from the start, just missing a couple checkboxes on the subforms.

Level 2

I've tried to do this... some don't allow me to select "allow page breaks within content". I've selected it for all parts of the form that I can see it as an available option. However, the whole table continues to move onto the next page. Any ideas?

Level 7

From what I can see, tables are not allowed to break across pages so that will be a problem. Is it possible to move the table up so that it can't get pushed down to the page break? If not, you may want to consider re-creating the table using text fields. That way the "table" would be able to break across pages.