Expand my Community achievements bar.

Trusted function for message box

Level 2

Hi,

My need is to get a message box without showing any headings like javascript window or warnings. I found it can be done by using trusted function.I need to increase the size of the message box also.could anyone please help me to come out of this.If possible send sample.

Thanks a lot

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Trusted functions are scripted in javascript files (.js). For trusted functions to work you need to install the .js file in a specific folder on all computers access the file. This is difficult to achieve and maintain in practice.

If you sign the form with a digital signature, then this will 'turn off' the javascript warning. However again you need to distribute the signature credentials and the users need to add these to their trusted list. Again quite troublesome.

I would be inclined to live with the javascript warning.

http://www.windjack.com have an Acrobat plugin to create custom dialog windows (AcroDialog).

If you want to make the messageBox higher, you could include multiple \n\n\n in the message string, which will add new lines.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

Tahks a lot Niall

There is any other option to get a alert box without warning or javascript window.Please help me

Level 10

Hi,

Any scripted modal interface (including app.alert and messageBox) are considered security concerns. Adobe wants to highlight to the user that these scripted dialogs are not part of the Acrobat application and that they are not trusted by way of .js file or digital signature. 

The only way to 'turn off' the warnings is to implement a trusted function or apply a digital signature, but in our experience these are a pain to maintain and if a user does not have the .js file, they will still get the warning.

Niall