Expand my Community achievements bar.

Troubleshooting with Forms and Tab Sequence

Former Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to create a 7 page dynamic PDF using Adobe Designer 7.0. This form has text fields and radio buttons. Page one alone has about 50 fillable fields.

This document was a Word doc. I saved to PDF and imported using Designer and began creating text fields, etc.

However, now that my doc is done, I can't seem to set the tab sequence no matter what I do. I went through some of the help here:

- ensuring field names were clear

- setting the tab order

- ensuring proper hierarchy

- creating subforms

- removing the <traversal> statements and trying again

No matter what I do, the tabbing order never goes right. It may look fine when I go to "Tab Order" but when I open it up using Acrobat 8.0, the fields hop around in an order that I don't even understand.

It's very frustrating because I'm not sure if there's anything I'm missing - a known bug? limitation?

Any suggestions on something I might have overlooked?

Thanks,

- Frustrated Form Maker

2 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

Could you please post the form in acrobat.com and give a link over here, so that I could have a look at it ?

Thanks.

Bibhu.

Former Community Member

Hey Bibhu,

Thanks for your reply. My I.T. manager just upgraded my Acrobat to Pro 10.0, so I'm going to create the form with this software and see if there's any issue. Any words of advice or caution beforehand would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for getting in touch,

Nicole