Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Trouble with forms not fuctioning for Mac users

Level 1

I have created a form in LC Designer that works great on PC, but doesn't work on on Mac. Or rather doesn't work on all Mac machines.  I have tested the form on two different Mac machines in my office and it seems to work fine.  However, those outside the office are not able to save the completed form or allow the user to use the email submit button.  Is there something I can do to make this user-friendly for Mac users?

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Are they using Windows emulation on the Mac or is it native Mac?

Paul

Level 1

I am trying to find out if they were using Preview instead of Acrobat Reader to view the form.  I have never seen reader change a form as this one was changed.  Is it reasonable to expect that Mac users should be able to use a form via Reader that was created in LifeCycle?

Former Community Member

Yes it is reasonable ......the only concern would be the email call. Depending on how it was implemented you might be using a Windows API call (that woudl not be there on the MAC of course).

Paul

Level 1

The email button function is the least of the issues. The fonts and type size are altered, parts of the form drop out and the form fields appear to be blank until you click on them. Upon click the information then appears. It's really very odd.

Additionally, they can not save the form to their desktop. I thought that this was me forgetting to enable user rights, but that was not the case. At the moment, Mac users can only print the form and fax it.

Thanks,

CHC

Level 1

I have emailed them and am waiting for a response.

Thanks,

CHC