Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Trouble submitting forms via submit button

Level 1

I am distributing a PDF via Microsoft Outlook, and then compiling the responses on my local server.  However, when the participant clicks 'submit', there is an error in the script which causes Outlook to give me this message:

Doc2.jpg

Any help is much appreciated!

J. Klaybor

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

No problem. Just open the Script Editor in LC Designer (if not already open). Window menu or F5.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Drag down the window (if it is only showing one line), so that you can see several lines.

Should be good to go! You can then script against the different events, etc.

Niall

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

It looks like the original script in the submit button OR the information that was inputted when you distributed the form has scrambled the eturn email address.

The error message looks like the first part of the standard text string from the body message of the email, when the form was distributed in Acrobat 8.

Maybe look at your Acrobat preferences to check that you have specified a full/correct return email address. You may also need to edit the form in LC Designer.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

Yes, the preferences are correct.

I suppose my question would be:  how do I edit the script in LiveCycle?  In Acrobat it's no problem, but I can't seem to access it in LC.  And I can't edit this PDF in Acrobat since it was created in LC.

I ran into this same problem when I created a PDF in Acrobat, but was able to delete the offending script.

BTW, I'm not trying to submit this via email...I'm sending this to my server via http.

Thanks in advance.

J. Klaybor

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

No problem. Just open the Script Editor in LC Designer (if not already open). Window menu or F5.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Drag down the window (if it is only showing one line), so that you can see several lines.

Should be good to go! You can then script against the different events, etc.

Niall