Expand my Community achievements bar.

Trouble Installing ES4 SP1

Level 2

When I try install the SP1, i get an error message saying that the install directory does not contain LiveCycle ES4 server. I do only have the trial version of ES4, so maybe this is what is causing the issue. Anyone have a suggestion for installing SP1?

The only reasion I am even installing SP1 is because im hoping that it will allow the Preview HTML tab to work. Currently, it tells me I need to change my server url. It is currently set to what is in all the help documentation which is http://localhost, but it just wont work. Anyone have a clue?

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

You're using Designer ES4, don't you?!

There is a separate Service Pack for Designer.

LiveCycle Blog: LiveCycle ES4 Service Pack 1

This SP won't solve your problem with the HTML preview because this tab requires a full LiveCycle server to render the form in HTML.

Level 2

Yes, I am using Designer ES4. I was able to get the preview in html tab to work great. I had to install the livecycle server. I then installed forms manager, and the IVS application. I can now successully view my form's in Html. Do you know what my next step is to getting the form to work properly on an Ipad? Ive read the guides, but for a semi-novice...they are very much over my head.