Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tried to follow the first video tutorial with no success

Level 1

Hi,

I tried to run the first video tutorial (Your First AFCS Application) on LCCS SDK Navigator with no success.

The code as described is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
               xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
               xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600" xmlns:rtc="AfcsNameSpace">
    <fx:Declarations>
        <!-- Place non-visual elements (e.g., services, value objects) here -->
        <rtc:ConnectSessionContainer width="100%" height="100%" roomURL="https://connectnow.acrobat.com/smoky6880/room">
            <rtc:authenticator>
                <rtc:AdobeHSAuthenticator userName="*******" password="*******"/>
            </rtc:authenticator>
            <mx:HBox width="100%" height="100%">
                <mx:VBox width="25%" height="100%">
                    <rtc:Roster width="100%" height="50%"/>
                    <rtc:WebCamera width="100%" height="50%"/>   
                </mx:VBox>
                <rtc:SimpleChat width="75%" height="100%"/>                   
            </mx:HBox>
        </rtc:ConnectSessionContainer>
    </fx:Declarations>
</mx:Application>

Basically, I pressed the Debug button and all I am getting is:

[SWF] C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Lee\Adobe Flash Builder 4\VideoChat\bin-debug\VideoChat.swf - 370,463 bytes after decompression
[SWF] C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Lee\Adobe Flash Builder 4\VideoChat\bin-debug\VideoChat.swf - 2,292,131 bytes after decompression
[SWF] C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Lee\Adobe Flash Builder 4\VideoChat\bin-debug\VideoChat.swf - 706,253 bytes after decompression
[SWF] C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Lee\Adobe Flash Builder 4\VideoChat\bin-debug\VideoChat.swf - 648,239 bytes after decompression
[SWF] C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Lee\Adobe Flash Builder 4\VideoChat\bin-debug\VideoChat.swf - 441,686 bytes after decompression
[SWF] C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Lee\Adobe Flash Builder 4\VideoChat\bin-debug\VideoChat.swf - 1,429,050 bytes after decompression
[SWF] C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Lee\Adobe Flash Builder 4\VideoChat\bin-debug\VideoChat.swf - 323,414 bytes after decompression

I am not getting any message related to connection.  And yes, the username and password are correct; I just removed them for privacy.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Kevin (and welcome to the forums!),

Wow, that's a trip... ConnectSessionContainer is a visual component, so I

guess it needs to be outside your <fx:Declarations> tags. I didn't know that

putting it in there would cause all hell to break loose (I love how the

number of bytes keeps changing!); you learn something new every day!

nigel