Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Trial Reader Extensions credentials error

Level 2

Hello experts

I have just installed Windows x64 turnkey version of LC server.

I got some errors during installation (admittedly I should have make a note of these, sadly I havent) however these were not particulary descriptive so I have decided to continue and see if I will be able to fix these later.

At the moment I only had a look at admin console (seems to work fine) and I tried to launch Reader Extensions module but latter does not want to start. After logging in I am presented with following message:

Application alert

A fault occured while trying to access the list of Reader Extensions credentials

and subsequently I am being logged off.

I tried to find the cause of that issue in Trust Store to no avail.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Michael

5 Replies

Level 8

I'd recommend restarting the server and checking the server log for errors.  Also, have you installed the RE cert in the trust store as a local credential it should look like the following:

ARES

C=US,O=Adobe Systems Incorporated,OU=Adobe Trust Services,CN=ARE IDev V6.1 P19 0009278

CN=Product Services,OU=Adobe Trust Services,O=GeoTrust Inc.,C=US

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Level 2

Steve

Thanks for your suggestions.

Please find a little more information about my local server.

My Local Credentials are as follows:

ARES C=US,O=Adobe Systems Incorporated,OU=Adobe Trust Services,CN=ARE IDev V6.1 P19 0009278 CN=Product Services,OU=Adobe Trust Services,O=GeoTrust Inc.,C=US Tuesday, 6 December 2011 07:31 to Tuesday, 31 December 2013 15:52

As for server logs I had a look at few and I can see some errors, its just that these does not mean much to me, perhaps someone can help to decypher them?

.../configurationManager/log/lcm.0.log

-----------------------------------------------

com.adobe.idp.DocumentError: java.net.SocketException: Unexpected end of file from server at com.adobe.idp.DocumentManagerClient.clientSidePush(DocumentManagerClient.java:446)

SEVERE, Thread-8, com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployDSCs, Failed to deploy component C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES3\deploy\adobe-pdfservices-dsc.jar

SEVERE, Thread-8, com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployDSCs, Failed to deploy component C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES3\deploy\adobe-scheduler-jboss-dsc.jar.

SEVERE, Thread-8, com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployDSCs, Failed to deploy component C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES3\deploy\adobe-workflow-dsc.jar.

SEVERE, Thread-8, com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployDSCs, Failed to deploy component C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES3\deploy\adobe-repository-dsc.jar.

.../jboss/server/lc_turnkey/server.log

----------------------------------------------

ERROR [STDERR] (error stream consumer for cmd: cmd.exe /c rmdir /s /q C:\Windows\Temp\adobejb_server1) C:\Windows\Temp\adobejb_server1\ARCHIV~1\111\com\adobe\PRINTS~1\PROPER~1\eclipse -

ERROR [STDERR] (IDPSchedulerService_Worker-1) com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException| [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreFactory] errorCode:12290 errorCodeHEX:0x3002 message:initialization failurecom.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException| [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreFactory] errorCode:12290 errorCodeHEX:0x3002 message:no setup for com.adobe.edc.server.spi.storage.entity.PolicyEntity

ERROR [STDERR] (IDPSchedulerService_Worker-1)           at com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.database.DBProviderCache.initialize(DBProviderCache.java:175)

ERROR [STDERR] (IDPSchedulerService_Worker-1)           at com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.database.DBProviderCache.getStoreProvider(DBProviderCache.java:135)

ERROR [STDERR] (IDPSchedulerService_Worker-1)           at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.license.dao.impl.BaseDAOImpl.getStoreProvider(BaseDAOImpl.java:19)

ERROR [STDERR] (IDPSchedulerService_Worker-1)           at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.license.dao.impl.PrincipalKeyDAOImpl.findAllKeysToRollover(PrincipalKeyDAOImpl.java:144)

ERROR [STDERR] (IDPSchedulerService_Worker-1)           at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.license.service.impl.LicenseServiceImpl.findAllKeysToRollover(LicenseServiceImpl.java:664)

ERROR [STDERR] (IDPSchedulerService_Worker-1)           at com.adobe.edc.server.businesslogic.license.LicenseManagerBean.findAllPrincipalKeys(LicenseManagerBean.java:1978)

.../jboss/server/lc_turnkey/boot.log

-------------------------------------------

Error deploying: file:/C:/Adobe/Adobe%20LiveCycle%20ES3/jboss/server/lc_turnkey/conf/bootstrap/vfs.xm at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49)

Error deploying: file:/C:/Adobe/Adobe%20LiveCycle%20ES3/jboss/server/lc_turnkey/conf/bootstrap/logging.xml at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49)

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions

Level 2

I have decided to install clean OS (W7 x64) and after that ES3 turnkey deployment went fine. All the modules installed seem to be working (touch the wood). The only problem I got was when I've decided to add some module using Configuration Manager. I got some nasty and not awfully descriptive errors. I have then un-installed whole suite and install it again (this time with the module I was after).

Pity that errors thrown during installation were not particularly meaningful, system on which I have been trying to install it before is successfully hosting couple other servers and several applications (many of them Adobe) so I cant see why ES3 would not be able to deploy there.

Anyway, my advice to anyone who is struggling with installation of that trial: use VMWare Player, setup clean OS and install ES3 on VM.

Employee

Michael,

Please attach the logs if you have from your previous setup which ran in to issues , Did that server had previous versions of Adobe LiveCycle running on it?

Are there are any issues with the current installation on clean system ?

Level 2

Santosh

I am afraid I dont have logs anymore, I have however included some snippets (see my message from 20th of August) with lines that included keywords like "failed" or "error".

That particular laptop had no previous version of LiveCycle.

Regards

Michael