Expand my Community achievements bar.

Transparant image printing with white backgroud in postscript file

Level 2

Hi,

I am new to Livecycle ES, It would be grateful if some one answer my question.

I want to place signature image to the form. Dinamically the signature will be changes. and if i print the postscript file, the signature is printing with white background (even it is transparant image - .gif).

Steps i follow,

1) Set the field propertly as 'Image Field' in form and declared field name as 'SIGN_SIGN1'.

2) Populate signature image as encoded value to the XML stream - <SIGN_SIGN1>-----Base64 encoded string of file PICCHI.(BMP/JPG/…)----</SIGN_SIGN1>

3) Render the form with XDP and XML data.

I don't get the white background of an image to the PDF output. I am facing problem in Postscript (PS).

Pls help me.

Regards,

Sasi

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Do you get the image but without the white background?

Paul

Level 2

Hi paul,

I have issues in postscript file, the signature image is printing with white background and hiding the backdrop. I don't have issue in  PDF output, it is printing with transparant image and it is not hiding the backdrop.

Regards,

Sasi

Former Community Member

That is strange ......if it looks right in Acrobat it should print correctly. Can you post a sample and I will try it here.

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul,

Attached sample xdp and signature. Pls do the needful.

Note: The problem occurs only when I render the form in postscript format. The output is fine when I generate PDF.

Former Community Member

The Forum does not allow adding of XDP files (yet!). There is also a problem with queueing of the files. Can you send the files to livecycle8@gmail.com instead?

Thanks

Paul