BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Translation form

andersons205830
Level 2
Level 2
  1. Hello.

I have a question to translate a form using XLIFF.
1 – LiveCycle - In the menu Tool / Options in Document Handing I enabled the option Creat Translation IDs When Saving.

2 - I worked in a file that I have to translate. In follow I saved the file with the name of B with the XDP extension.

3 - Within the Cmd, C: \ Users \ Anderson \ FormTranslation
I typed the command java -jar saxon9.jar B.xdp extractstrings.xslt> B.s2x
And then I got B.s2x file.

4 - Then I opened the file in B.s2x in the SwordFish program to translate. In this program I translated the English language for the Portuguese language. Then I saved this file B.s2x translated.

5 - After the Cmd I typed the command
java -jar saxon9.jar B.s2x mergestrings.xslt xdpFile B.xdp => BTranslated.xdp
So I got the BTranslated.xdp file. But when I opened the file in LiveCycle BTranslated.xdp this is not translated. I cannot understand why.

Comments. In step 4 when I translated the B.s2x file by SwordFish program, I opened the file with the B.s2x Notpad and made sure it was translated.
I realized that supposedly the problem is after the command Cmd in the java -jar saxon9.jar B.s2x mergestrings.xslt xdpFile B.xdp => BTranslated.xdp the file is not converted with the translation.
I put these files in the link, if someone can help me. After all process I changed the file names for you to understand what the original files and which translated form.
If anyone can help me I thank you.

0 Replies