Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tool Problem (?): Table Pagination with Expanding Row

Former Community Member

Hi,

this is my first post here. Normally I was able to find a solution for every problem I came across. I am working with the Adobe Livecycle Designer now for several years - currently in the version ES 10.

Now here is my issue I hope you can help me with.

I have a form consisting of several Subforms and tables. The selected table is being filled via JS (row breaks are set via addInstance()).

Important to note here is that the marked table consists of several inner tables meaning that there can be several rows wihtin a row.

doc structure.png

Normally it looks like this. Pagination working nicely and all the data presented properly. Please note that we can see 35 lines on the right hand site.

35 Lines working.png

Now the same layout with 1 additional line/row: 36. As you can see the pagination does not work properly eventhough there was just one line added.

If we now increase the number of input lines this problem gets worse and worse.

36 Lines not working.png

My first thought was that I had wrong pagination settings for any of the tables or rows. But pagination is allowed, Place set to "following previous" everywhere and no "keep with" selected.

Hope any of you knows this issue, came across it or has an idea how to fix it. I also found that others have the problem in the comment section of a blog but no answer was provided/ nobody knew it.

thx for you help!

10 Replies

Level 10

Hi, is it possible that you can share your PDF so I can have a look. That already happens to me and I had many options to look to get it fix.

Even though I had to restart the PDF once because it depends on how it's made. Anyway it would be easier to have a look to debug this.

Former Community Member

Hey Magus, sure. I am today no longer in office so I'll prepare the data for download tomorrow. Thx

Former Community Member

Hi, magnus. Here is as promised the files needed for testing. Thx a lot.

Dropbox - adobe issue.zip

Level 10

Sorry for taking such time to look into it, unfortunately the link provided isn't working, did you manage to solve the issue?

Former Community Member

Hey magus, what does it say when clicking on the link? Tried it on multiple computer and do not get any issues. No unfortunately this issue still remains which makes me think it is a flaw of the adobe software. If it is, it would be a major one as well.

Level 10

This web page is not available.

Google Chrome pops this message doesn't look like its the website or internet.

Level 10

Hi Savvy, the link works just fine, I am wondering if you could tell me how to make the issue appear?

Former Community Member

Sure. When you start the xdp in the designer and than hit the preview with the "working.xml" data as preview input data, than everthing looks just fine. Now switch the preview data in the properties to the "working+1=not working.xml", start the preview again and it won't paginate properly.

Level 1

Hello SavvyOne

I know this is an old post but were you able to fix this issue?

I'm facing similar problems related to tables within tables, such as pagination, header not repeating and data overlapping the footer, and I'm running out of time to solve this.

Thank you in advance