Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Too many information in 1 table line - alternative solution ?

Level 2

Hi,

Just join today since i am new to Adobe LifeCycle.

I am using Adobe Life Cycle 8.1.2

As the title explains, currently i am designing a interactive adobe form (orientation: Portrait) which has a table with "add/remove" button. The "add/remove" works perfect (i can add line or remove line from the table).

The problem is I have too many information (read: columns) in 1 table line. In results:

1. Table line is not sufficient to display all information, OR

2. I can squeeze all columns into 1 line and play around with smaller font size. But the form looks ugly.

Has anyone encountered this kind of situation before ?

Can you share your design (if possible attached the form) for similar situation ?

Any bright input/idea are most welcomed.

Thanks In Advance !

Note:

1. Landscape is NOT an option.

2. I still want to have "add/remove" functionality.

5 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

Try to reduce the fonts of the header. So that the width of the columns may reduce. But if you have many columns then there is no better options that I can think of.

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 2

Hi Bibhu,

Yes, i tried that. But the form looks too squeezed and ugly.

Is there anyway to split 1 table row into 2 rows ? Just an idea, but technically i dont know whether it is possible.

Thanks.

Level 9

Hi,

I guess the problem is due to no.of clumns. So do you like to split columns or rows ?

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 2

Hi,

For example i have 10 columns in 1 row.

Technically, is it possible to split these 10 columns (A-J) into 2 rows.

For example:  1st row = 6 columns (A-F) , 2nd row = 4 columns (G-J)

Thanks.

Level 9

Hi,

Suppose you have set the the no of columns to 6 for any row . 1st row has 6 columns. 2nd row has 6 columns intially. But you can merge some of the columns to make it one. Selects the columns you want to merge.Then Right Click -> Merge cells. But this may lead to another problem about the caption of the columns. But if it's text field or same type of field you can specify the option to set the caption as on top.

Thanks,

Bibhu.