Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

To notify users

Level 5

Say, "A" file is distributed to users. When those users( who are using I do not know) will open "A", I will come to know who will open the file. Silently or with permission users will come to online.

Is it possible? If so How can I get it?

Also, how can I notify the users "A" file has been updated you should update......

Is it pssible that notification shows on pdf file? If so, how can I achieve?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I think that to get that level of interaction/workflow, you would need components from the full LiveCycle Enterprise Suite/Adobe Digital Enterprise Platform.

Because you don't know who is using the forms, you will not be able to get a silent solution working in a plain XFA Form. At best this would require a folder level JavaScript file to be installed on every machine using the form. Which is probably not achievable.

You should have a look at some of John Brinkman's samples. Some of these have a button/function to check back to the server to see if there is an updated version on the server. http://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I think that to get that level of interaction/workflow, you would need components from the full LiveCycle Enterprise Suite/Adobe Digital Enterprise Platform.

Because you don't know who is using the forms, you will not be able to get a silent solution working in a plain XFA Form. At best this would require a folder level JavaScript file to be installed on every machine using the form. Which is probably not achievable.

You should have a look at some of John Brinkman's samples. Some of these have a button/function to check back to the server to see if there is an updated version on the server. http://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/.

Hope that helps,

Niall