Expand my Community achievements bar.

TimeSheet Template (calculated fields)

Former Community Member

I am using the timesheet template that is available to me via Livecycle 8.0.  It is a basic weekly timesheet that allows the individual to enter time across the days of the week.  The form has a calculated total field for each line (which totals up the hours on each line).  When I go into the script editor I can see that these total fields are setup as 'Calculate', 'Sum(Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri)', 'Language: FormCalc', 'Run At: Client'.

When a user opens up the form with Adobe Reader to enter time the total fields are not calculated.  Although they enter hours into the columns for Mon, Tues etc, the total column does not calculate.  However, if I open the form via Adobe Acrobat and enter hours the total field is calculated and displayed.

Why is this?  Can I not get the total calculated fields to calc/display when people fill out the timesheet?

4 Replies

Former Community Member

If you forward the form to me at stwalker.adobe@gmail.com I can take a look.

Steve

Level 2

Hi Jax3333,

I have a couple of questions that will assist in troubleshooting your problem.

1. Did you create the (Timesheet) form in Designer with the “form assistant”?

2. Did you modify the template or any of the fields, code, etc?

3. Did you make any changes in the “Form Properties”?

4. What format did you save the template in (Static, Dynamic)?

I only ask these questions because I have developed | distributed a successful Dynamic version of the "Timesheet" template you are referring too.

If you happened to have made changes to the form, you may have inadvertently disabled an option that allows Adobe Reader to properly run the “FormCalc” fields of the form.

Jeff

Former Community Member

Both forms you sent work for me in Reader 9.3.0. I did notice warnings being thrown on the signature fields, specifically the warning regarding the target Reader version.

Untitled.png

The form is configured to use Reader 7.0.5 or later as the target version.

Untitled1.png

I would be suspicious of this.

1) Are you using Reader 7 or 8 for testing?

2) Do you need to support Reader 7?

Signature fields are particularly sensitive to versions and ongoing security enhancements.

Steve

Former Community Member

I have realized that the problem with not having fields calculate under Reader was that Javascript was not enabled within my Reader program.  Making that change within my Reader preferences resolved the issue.  Thank you for your support.