Expand my Community achievements bar.

time over 24hr not calculating

Level 2

if (HasValue(startsamplingtime) and HasValue(endsamplingtime)) then

var millisecondsPerMinute = 1000 * 60;

var millisecondsPerHour = millisecondsPerMinute * 60;

var interval = Time2Num(endsamplingtime.formattedValue, "HH:MM:SS") - Time2Num(startsamplingtime.formattedValue, "HH:MM:SS");

// Calculate the hours, minutes, and seconds.

var hours = Floor(interval / millisecondsPerHour );

interval = interval - (hours * millisecondsPerHour );

var minutes = Floor(interval / millisecondsPerMinute );

interval = interval - (minutes * millisecondsPerMinute );

var seconds = Floor(interval / 1000 );

Concat( Format("Z9", hours), ":", Format("99",minutes), ":", Format("99", seconds))

endif

Need to incorporate date to make this calculation work right for over 24hrs. Don't want to have a date/time field if possible.  Would like to keep the fields separate.  For example:

Start Date 01/02/2014       Start Time 12:23:52  

End Date 01/03/2014        End Time   01:23:52

Total Time 1:00:00

Thanks

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

check this thread. It's about time calculations including those with times past midnight.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/4054814#4054814#4054814

Level 2

So I simplified my script to:

if (HasValue(startsamplingtime) and HasValue(endsamplingtime)) then

calcsoaktime = Abs(Time2Num(endsamplingtime.formattedValue, "HH:MM:SS") - Time2Num(startsamplingtime.formattedValue, "HH:MM:SS"))/(60*60*1000);

else calcsoaktime = 24 - Abs(Time2Num(endsamplingtime.formattedValue, "HH:MM:SS") - Time2Num(startsamplingtime.formattedValue, "HH:MM:SS"))/(60*60*1000);

endif

The only problem is that I want the calcsoaktime to be formatted in HH:MM:SS.  I have made the display and data pattern both this format and it is ignoring because calculated.  The number is coming out in decimal minutes.  How do I format a calculated field?

Thanks