Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

The validity of the document certification is unknown

Level 7

I have a form that is digitally certified by a signature anchored to the Adobe CA. When the form is first opened, the blue bar appears and states that the certificate is valid. However, after the form is submitted to a server and remerged, the blue bar displays "The validity of the document certification is unknown". However the signature is still valid, as it can be revalidated by going to Sign -> Work with Certificates -> Validate all signatures in Adobe Acrobat XI. How can I stop this from happening?

2 Replies

Level 7

I came up with a (not very good) workaround for this issue. Whenever a remerge occurs, overload the layout:ready event like this:

var oTimeout = app.setTimeOut("xfa.form.topmostSubform.RevalidateSignature.execEvent('click')",400);

then create a hidden button, override the click event with code like this:

try{

var oDoc = event.target;

var digSig = oDoc.getField("topmostSubform[0].SignatureField1[0]");

if (digSig != null) {

var info = digSig.signatureInfo();

//console.println(info.status + ":" + info.statusText);   

if (info.status == 1 || info.status == 2) {         

//hopefully no one clicks anything during this time       

oDoc.getField("topmostSubform[0].SignatureField1[0]").signatureValidate();

}else

{   

} 

var info = null; 

}

}catch(e)

{

}

This code will revalidate the signature on demand, whenever the layout:ready event is fired.

Level 7

I just tried signing the returning XDP packet with an XML signature, it recognizes the packet as valid ("All data signatures are valid"), but still invalidates by certification signature! I believe this is a bug. Note that this also occurs if you import/export and xdp via the "Import Data" feature in Acrobat.