Expand my Community achievements bar.

The data in the file [file name] has already been added to the response file

Former Community Member

I'm obtaining this error when trying to import(Add) new PDF forms into the PDF Portfolio response file distributed with PDF's. It's a new problem. I've never seen this before. In fact, I imported a few dozen forms back in November. Now, I can only import one PDF form, after which this error is returned for any attempt to import additional PDF's.

DataInTheFileHasAlreadyBeenImported.png

I have renamed PDF's, redistributed the Portfolio file, and hunted for any unique identifier in the PDF forms that might be tracked in the Portfolio file, or perhaps a database of imported documents which might now be corrupted. As ANY PDF form can be imported, but only one form, I am suspicious that the issue isn't related to uniqueness, but rather related to something problematic with the PDF forms themselves, or the Portfolio file.

Now I'm completely stumped. Any ideas?

The same behavior appears in both environments that I use: Acrobat 10.1.4.38 forms (Reader Enabled) built and distributed with LiveCycle Designer ES2 Version 9.0.0.2.2... on XP Professional and on Windows Server 2003.

I posted this issue over on the LC Google Group a few days ago. There hasn't been any reply there.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/livecycle/MZWkpecy8jk

Kind regards,

Brian D

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi I had the same problem, it was telling me that 'a.pdf' was already in the response file although the data wasn't there. I exported all the data from that response file as a .csv and in the first column it had 'a.pdf' incorrectly listed in the same row as data from 'b.pdf' but 'b.pdf' was not listed as a source file. I deleted this offending row from the response file and then imported 'a.pdf' and 'b.pdf' again and it worked.

Hope that helps, no idea what caused the glitch although both 'a.pdf' and 'b.pdf' were submitted by the same person in a short time frame so maybe that has something to do with it.

Former Community Member

Hi gaitel,

Could this have something to do with the metadata of the PDF forms that are send in?
My main problem is importing multiple PDF's into one response file and everytime it shows the message that the PDF already is in the response file. The files itself contain different data. Only thing that is in common is the person that sends the PDF forms to me for reporting.

Kind regards,

Vincent