Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Text vs StaticText

Former Community Member

In the Form Designer Hierarchy, I see some Text objects have names like "Text9" while others "StaticText8".  What's the difference between Text and StaticText?

Also, how do I turn a Text object 90 degrees counter-clock-wise?

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

To turn an object there are buttons in the Layout palette next to the Anchor drop-down list. You just click on the rotation button you want for that object.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

To turn an object there are buttons in the Layout palette next to the Anchor drop-down list. You just click on the rotation button you want for that object.

Former Community Member

The hierarchy view shows you the names of the objects as well as the relationship between objects (groupings, subforms, pages). The name that is given is simply a means of addressing the object when referencing it (for example in script). That name can be changed to whatever you want. When the object is dropped onto the drawing area a default name is given (i.e. Text1, TextField1, ...) As names must be unique the number is incremented at the end automatically.

So my guess is that Text9 is the 9th Text object that was dropped onto the drawing area and StaticText8 is a Text object that was renamed.

Hope that helps

Paul