Expand my Community achievements bar.

Text Overflow to second content area (like newspaper text)

Level 1

Hello Experts,

I have looked at several posts in the forum and also googled to find the answer to my issue.

I have 3 Master Pages.

Master Page 1: Contains several subforms with different elements like tables...I have NO issue on it. It is perfectly working as expected.

Master Page 2: has few elements and also 2 Content areas (named as CA1 and CA2). I have a issue here as described below.

Master Page 3: has 2 content areas (named as CA3 and CA4). It is used for repeating the overflow text.

Subform SF1 is placed on body page and is set as below:

Subform tab:

Content: 'Flowed'

Flow Direction: Top to Bottom

True for 'Allow Page breaks within the Content'

Pagination tab:

Place: In Content Area 'CA1'

After: Continue Filling Parent

Subform SF2 is wrapped under SF1. Subform SF2 has following attributes.

Subform tab:

Content: 'Flowed'

Flow Direction: Top to Bottom

True for 'Allow Page breaks within the Content'

Pagination tab:

Place: Following Previous

After: Continue Filling Parent

Overflow: Go To Content Area 'CA2'

Binding tab:

Name: SF2

Data Biding: <Dynamic Long text array>

True: Repeat Subform for Each Data Item

A Text Field wrapped under Subform SF2 to display the long text with the following attributes.

Field tab:

Type: Text field

True: Allow Multiple lines

True: Allow Page Breaks within content

Currently, If Content Area 'CA1' is filled with long text, the overflow text is filling the Content Area 'CA2' correctly. However, CA2 is repeated for the remaining text.

My Question is: How to set the Overflow of text from CA2 to CA3 if more text exist ( Note: CA3 is part of Master Page 3)?

If CA3 is also filled, then it should go to CA4. If CA4 is also filled, then the Master page 3 should be repeated until the text is displayed.

It would be much appreciated if you could put me in right direction to get it work.

0 Replies