Expand my Community achievements bar.

Text Fields do not flow to the next page/Distribute Form

Level 1

Hi, I'm new to LiveCycle. The owner of the company I work for decided I needed to learn how to create a PDF form, so here I am! I have worked with most Adobe products in the past, and this has provided a very welcome challenge.

My question concerns text fields flowing to the next page. I have read multiple threads about this, and I still don't quite have a grasp on how to do this with my form. Basically, at the bottom of the first page there are three questions for the end user to fill out. I have managed to set each to expand and "push" the questions beneath it, for lack of proper lingo . When a person answers these questions, the idea is for the document to automatically flow to the next page. When I try to do this, another page is there, but the text doesn't flow over.

Another question.... After this form is all happy and ready to go, I would like to send this out to multiple recipients, but the "Distribute Form" option is always greyed out. Anything to help will be much appreciated! Thanks

6 Replies

Level 10

Open the Heirarchy Pallette and select the Top most Subform and set the Type to Flowed..

Save the file as Dynamic XML File..

For Example select Page1 in heirarchy..

Subform_ContentType.jpg

Do the following to make the form as Dynamic XML Form..

1) Goto File menu -> Form Properties and select Defaults tab. Change the Default Render Format as Dynamic XML form

2) Select the Preview Tab. Set the Preview type as "Interactive Form" and Preview Adobe XML form as Dynamic XML form

3) Finally while saving the PDF select Save As Type as "Adobe Dynamic XML Form".

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Srini,

Thanks for the speedy response.... Is this for the text flow or Distribution issue? I have already completed these steps! I'd be happy to attach the file, but I'm not seeing a "browse" option on here....

Bascially, the text fields (there are three of them) near the bottom of the first page. I have a Subform around these fields, but the Pagination tab is greyed out. When I open the PDF in Acrobat Reader, the text box expands with text entered, but it does not wrap/break onto the next page.

Adrian

Level 10

Adrian,

You can send the form to LiveCycle9@gmail.com

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

Here is the corrected form..Even you you set the Subform type to "Flowed" to the subform where the Text box resides, you did not set the Page1 to Flowed (which is the key)..But when I make the Page1 type to "Flowed", all your fields above the Scholrship text boxes' Subform will go one below another.. To fix this, first I have select all the fields and wrap them into a subform and then set the Page1 to Flowed..

https://acrobat.com/#d=CMsiIrIZKi9DxwVORkAOLQ

See if this helps..

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

To fix the extra white space at the end, change the settings for Page1 in your form to the one highlighted in the attachment..

Adrian Issue.jpg

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Srini,

Thanks again! I think we're all set. You have been a wonderful help!

Adrian