Expand my Community achievements bar.

Text Field question

Level 1

Ok,  I admit it.  I'm a greenhorn to Livecycle and am tasked to create a fillable form.   So I want to create a text box (field?)  that allows the user to make comments.  The problem with placing a text field there is that no matter how I resize it,  it does not word wrap,  it just keeps going off to the right.  I don't where to edit the properties of the text field.   After resizing the box, it always starts the comments in the middle,  not at the top.   Same with the Caption,  it stays in the middle and I can't move it to the top. 

HELP!

3 Replies

Former Community Member

In the object palette you have to set the field to be multiline. Thsi will allow the word wrapping that you mentioned. Now to get the text to start at the top of the box you can use the Paragraph palette to set the text alignment for the value and not the caption.

Paul

Level 1

Where do I find this object pallete you speak of?    Paragraph palllete as well?

Over on the right I have:    How to:,   Object Library which includes My Favorites, Standard, Custom, and Barcodes.

Former Community Member

Close those palettes to free up space and under the Window menu you can activate other palettes.

Paul