Expand my Community achievements bar.

Text Field Presentation

Level 2

Hello,

Is it possible to change how a text field is presented?  I have a text field that is configured for a Social Security number, it divides the text box into 9 different input fields, but the input fields are right next to each other (see the image below, specifically the top line). I need it to display as a 9 seperate input fields (as shown in the second line of the image below) but the end result in the XML file is a single string of 9 numbers (with no spacing). Is this possible? I know I could use 9 seperate text fields then write a script to concatenate the 9 text fields, but I was really hoping to not have to go down that road.

screen.JPG

Thanks

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

If you don't want to go down  the route of concat the nine fields to a single hidden field, then you could set the appearance of the field to a thicker solid line and a light grey fill.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Parallels Desktop.png

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

You can use a comb on the field to give you the first view. This allows the user to enter in the number without having to tab etc ... but the number is stored as a single entry in the data. There is no provision in the comb for a look like the second example.

Paul

Level 2

Hello,

I just found a way to make it kinda format the way you want it to. I've attached a form for you to look at. As you can see you can enter the 9 digits and it will automatically add the dashes where needed. What you need to do is add the validations to it. Take a look at mine. :-)