Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Text field overflowing to new page(s)

Level 2

I have a form I created in LiveCycle Designer 7, which consists of 3 pages.  Page 3 has 4 subforms, the third of which encompasses a text field that is designed for long narratives so that it will extend over multiple pages, and will allow the fourth subform to move to the end of the final page when the user tabs out of the text field.  Currently when I paste text into the field on the PDF preview window, the text field expands to the very bottom of page 3 and the fourth subform disappears.  I know that I'm very close, but can't get the next page to populate.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Drew

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The page level subform must be set to flowed to allow a new page to be added.

paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

1. Make sure that your expandable text field is placed within a subform.

2. Open the object palette and choose 'Allow page breaks within content' .

try now.

Nith

Level 2

Hi Nith.

The text field is in a subform set to Flow Content, with "Allow Page Breaks within Content" checked.  This subform is wrapped in another subform (at the Page level) which is also set to Flow Content, however the "Allow Page Breaks within Content" checkbox is grayed out.  When I have tried putting the text field directly in the subform at the Page level, the checkbox is always grayed out.  The Page is set to Position Content, with "Allow Page Breaks within Content" checked.

I know it's something simple I'm missing, but I just haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The page level subform must be set to flowed to allow a new page to be added.

paul

Level 2

Thanks Paul and Nith for the help.  I finally have the form working as intended and am learning more of the intricacies of LiveCycle Designer daily.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----