Expand my Community achievements bar.

Text Field location differs on design view and preview mode

Level 1

I am using Adobe LiveCycle Desginer ES.  I am updating forms currently created in Livecycle 6 and 7.  I am noticing the text fields are lower on the preview mode than where I have placed them on the design mode. In design mode, they are perfectly in line with the other text.  When going to preview they are off anywhere from a couple centimeters to a couple inches.  I have started over with new forms and had this same problem.

This issue mostly occurs when I have a text box with a large amount of text and I place text fields over the text boxes.  Has anyone had this issue also?  If so, is there a solution?  This issue never happened in 6 or 7, I am only seeing this issue in the ES version.

Any help would be appreciated. (I am willing to recreate the forms, but that has the same issue also.)

2 Replies

Level 10

If you can share one your form then it would be easier to identify the problem..

You can post it to LiveCycle9@gmail.com.. Please mention where the problem is..

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

In version 7 there were updates made to the text engine. There were situations where things did not align correctly. To solve this there was an option added to allow you to revert back to the old engine. To do this go into the File/Form Properties/Compatibility then click on the button for the Revert Text Formatting and try your form again.

Note that at some point in time you should update your form to use the new engine and stop using the version 6 of Reader/Acrobat.

Hope that helps

Paul