Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Text Field Caption above Value

Former Community Member

Hello,

I hav enot been able to find out how to put the Caption for a Text Field above the Value of the field.  I can't imagine it is not possible.  Basically what I want is:

My caption:

I could do this with an uncaptioned Text Field and a piece of Text, but would rather keep it as 1 item if possible.  Any ideas?

Regards,

Karl

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you select the object and then go to the Object / Layout tab you will see a drop down towards the end. This relates to the caption. It will be default "left". Just change this to "above" or "top" (?) and you will get the desired effect.

N.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you select the object and then go to the Object / Layout tab you will see a drop down towards the end. This relates to the caption. It will be default "left". Just change this to "above" or "top" (?) and you will get the desired effect.

N.

Former Community Member

To make this a little more complete, since I had a hard time finding it, the Layout tab can be found by selecting an object and then selecting the Pallet Menu that appears in the bottom right corner of the information surrounding the object in design View.  Layout is found under Pallets.

Thank you, Niall, for the response.  It got me exactly what I needed.

Karl