Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Text box jumping a full page

Level 1

I have created a relatively elaborate (for my limited skills anyway) interactive PDF form. It has taken me quite a while and just when I thought it was completed and ready to use, one of my managers has come back to me pointing out the following problem. I cannot see what is causing this and was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction. I shall try and explain this as best I can.

To simplify the explanation - I have two expandable text boxes on one particular page (say Page 1) and a third one at the top of the following page (page 2) - I'll call them Textbox 1, Textbox 2 and Textbox 3 for the purposes of this post.

If Textbox 1 and Textbox 2 are completed with sufficient text to allow Textbox 2 to expand to the top of Page 2, even by only a few lines, Textbox 3 drops down a complete page (to Page 3) leaving a huge gap of white space between Textbox 2 and Textbox 3. Ideally I would like Textbox 3 to remain just under Textbox 2.

I probably havn't explained this too well so apologies for that. I had hoped to put together a test form re-creating the problem which I could post here but havn't been able to do so.

4 Replies

Level 1

I'm sorry, I can't help you with an answer - I have the same question!  I just wanted to let you know that you asked the question perfectly.  I was having trouble composing the question in a way that made sense.  Thanks for doing it for me.  Hopefully we'll get an answer soon.

Level 3

I have a couple of ideas for you to try. I have been working with LiveCycle for almost a year now and I have learned that this forum is not well moderated. If you figure this out, please be sure to share with others how you solved your problem.

What are the settings of text field 3? Is the “Allow Page Breaks within Content” checked? What is the setting of “Keep with Next?”

Another thing to look at is the subform Pagination property page. There is an option “Place” where you could be setting it to “Top of Next Page” where you could be setting it to “Following Previous.” Another property is “After” where you could also be setting it to “Go to Next Page” where you could be setting it to “Continue Filling Parent.”

Level 1

Hi there.

Thanks very much for taking the trouble to reply. I have checked my form and listed the points below that you raised:

• Text Field in Table 3 - "Allow Page Breaks Within Content" is checked
  • Text Field in Table 3 - "Keep With Next" is unchecked
  • Subform pagination - "Place" is set to "Following Previous" and "After" is set to "Continue Filling Parent"

Level 3

Hello,

I came back this morning to a QA issue with almost the same problem. I had four text boxes and an extra page was being inserted in the middle and at the end of a couple of the boxes. It didn't always happen and the same text was being copied and pasted into each box. I was able to solve it by putting these four text boxes into a subform and making it flowed.