Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Text Alignment

Level 4

Gentlemen,  Ladies,

When an item is selected under ALTER TYPE (5th field from left),  the selection is centered in the field.  I need the selection under ROOM (2nd field) to center in that field.  I have compard and compared and compared the two fields, but can't determine what I am missing.  Please see attachment...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I did check it, when I opened the form the horizontal alignment on the ROOM field was set to bottom. If it's not working for the field when you try to change it, you might try deleting the field and re-creating it. It's possible it's become corrupted for some reason. When I opened the form here though, it was set to bottom and I was able to change it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 7

You need to select Align Middle for the height on your paragraph tab. If you don't see a Paragraph tab you can hit Shift + F5 to open it up. You will see alignment options for horizontal and vertical alignment. I've attached a screenshot below to help you.

Level 4

Been there;  done that.

Paragraph works for all fields except ROOM.  If you have a moment, please look at the attached form.  You may see something quickly that I am not.

Correct answer by
Level 7

I did check it, when I opened the form the horizontal alignment on the ROOM field was set to bottom. If it's not working for the field when you try to change it, you might try deleting the field and re-creating it. It's possible it's become corrupted for some reason. When I opened the form here though, it was set to bottom and I was able to change it.

Level 10

Hi Lakov,

I looked at the form but am stumped. In preview the ROOM field appears to work OK when selecting the value from the dropdown (vertical alignment is centre); however when the field is exited the value jumps to top aligned.

Can't see an obvious reasons for this behaviour. Maybe copy a field that works and replace the ROOM field.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 7

I went in and checked the XML on the ROOM field, the vAlign is set to "bottom" there. Iakov, have you tried to change it in the XML to "middle"? If it works, it would be easier than replacing the field.

Level 4

>  I opened the form the horizontal alignment on the ROOM field was set to bottom.

That was intentional.  Since the field didn't respond to MIDDLE alignment,  I wanted to see whether BOTTOM would make a difference.  It didn't.  I think you were right in that the field may have been corrupted.    I had never heard of such a thing, but I guess it was corupted because I deleted and created a new one which worked.  The draft is now in the happy hands of my client.  Thank you.

Level 4

Niall,

Thanks for METHOD1 and METHOD2 ways of implementing menus.  That help was applied to this form.