Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Task completed without user opening form

Former Community Member
  1. I have disallowed all methods of completing a task without opening the form as far as I can tell.
  2. The form itself won't let the user complete unless specific information is provided.

Yet, in my logs, the task was completed without the information being present.  The user says they never claimed the task from the queue, but AdminUI says otherwise.  The user claims they never submitted the task, and I believe her since I know her procedure, and the log does not show that she executed those steps.

What makes it even more odd is that this task was completed 30 seconds after she had approved (and supposedly complete) a previous task in another process instance.  Not sure she could or would switch tasks that quickly.

Almost seems as though the backend got confused.  Anyone have any suggestions on how I can narrow the problem down or provide feedback to Adobe about a possible bug?

6 Replies

Former Community Member

What LiveCycle version and service pack are you using.

Do your users open multiple instances of Workspace in different tabs of a browser?

Former Community Member

8.2 SP2

That is one of our working theories, but we think in this instance, that is not the case.

Why?  What sort of behavior problems occur when having multiple sessions open concurrently?  Is there a way to prevent this?

Former Community Member

There was a problem when multiple Workspace instances shared the same http session (which is what happens for most browsers when using tabs) and a hotfix was created for SP2.  I would call support, apply the latest hotfix for Process Management and see if that helps.

Former Community Member

Might the issue of a task completing without ever being opened be a symptom of a shared HTTP session?

Former Community Member

Possibly, but it would depend on what the user did in the two or three Workspace session and the order they did it.  The last render will likely set the taskid used when a for the next submit so if they did render A, render B, close B, do other non-render stuff and then go back and submit A there could be confusion.

We have stated that we don't support sharing multiple instances on the same session but the problem is that a user is just using a browser's capabilities and doesn't know they are doing it.  In the hotfix, we handle it better and limit the exposure here.

Former Community Member

Is there a way to force only a single Workspace session?  I am guessing not.