Expand my Community achievements bar.

Target version in LC Defult tab Form Properties

Former Community Member

Hi ,

Curently i am using Live cycle Designer Version - 8.2 . I want to support Adobe Reader 4 or later version .but in the default tab under form properties target version drop down is from adobe reader 6.0. or later upto adobe reader 9.0. or later .

What should i do to support version 4.0 or later PDF .

Thanks in Advance .

Regards,

Dhiyane

7 Replies

Level 9

Hello Dhiyane ,

Though I am not sure whether your form will work in the reader 4 or not but you can try the following thing .

Click on the XML Source . If it's not visible then click on view -> XML Source .

There You can find something written like this

<?formServer defaultPDFRenderFormat acrobat8.0dynamic?> Change the 8.0 to the version to the version you want .

Thanks .

Bibhu.

Level 10

Hi,

The XFA form specification was only introduced in Acrobat 6, so you will not be able to support a LiveCycle Designer form back to Version 4. I haven't tested this, but would be very surprised if you could get it the form to even open in Acrobat v4.

In fact, in the default tab of LC Designer ES2 SP1, you cannot select a target version back below version 7.

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

Here i have one question . so there is

no option for below vesrion 6 . But At the time of time below version how the XDP s are created ?

Level 10

Hi,

You can get the XFA specifications here: http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/xml/index_arch.html

You will see that XFA Specification 2.0 was draft for Acrobat 6 and only became fully supported as XFA Specification 2.2 in Acrobat 7.

It relates to XML forms, which as far as I can see, did not exist in that format before XFA Specification 2.0.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

is there any way to support . Provide me the possible ways .

Level 10

Hi,

I could be wrong, but I really don't think that you have any way of using XFA forms (LiveCycle Designer forms) in Acrobat version 4. This functionality just did not exist in earlier versions of Acrobat.

If anyone else has better information...

Niall

Former Community Member

Niall you are spot on (as usual). You might be able to use Acroform forms. I thought they were adding in version 5 but I am not 100% sure on that one. You may want to post the question on the Acrobat forum.

Paul