Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tables and Drop Down Lists

Level 1

This is my first time using LiveCycle Designer (8.2)

I've tackled quite a few things thanks to the information I've found in these forums, but I have reached my complexity limit.

AcrobatScreenSnapz001.jpg

I am trying to create a survey form that follows a process map with sub-process maps.

Just to provide an idea of magnitude, one process map has eleven sub-process maps.

I created a dynamic table with the ability to add and delete rows on a flowed page.

The first row first column contains a drop down list.

For each selection in the drop down list, the form requires eight inputs.

Currently, I just copied the dynamic table for each subprocess.

Each sub process map will have a running calculated total based on two inputs and a cost based on input.

The overall process map will have the same.

The entire section should seperatly show a sum total.

I don't really know what would be best, but was thinking something along these lines:

based on the selection in the drop-down-list, if someone selects one of the sub-process maps

the row changes to allow the drop-down-list to be the one associated with that subprocess and

the two running totals show up and remain at the bottom of the table.

Only problem, is I have no idea how to do this.

I have tried making the tables invisible, but they still show the input areas of the input boxes.

Anyone feel like helping me figure this out?

Also, isn't there a way I can populate a drop down list using EXCEL?  I don't want to manually input thousands of process titles.

Oh, I don't have any XML capabilities, I am not connected to a server or any database, and everything runs at the client.

3 Replies

Level 2

I assume you are refering to "white space" left in your form when setting to invisible.

Rather than set to invisible, set to hidden, but due to complexity of form that you have shown you may need to start from scratch and set subform "content" to flowed once you have arranged all your tables/buttons etc. I would have thought that javascript would be more appropriate for working out your calculations.  Take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNki6UwJFeA regarding form flow - it may help

Level 1

Thanks for the input, I will watch the video.

I was suprised that no one offered up any suggestions.

I changed the design of the form.  I didn't want to, but I was able to get the product out on time.

Just out of curiousity,

Can I have a dynamic drop down list (A = {a1, a2, a3, a4}) that populates another drop down list (B = {b1, b2, b3, b4, b5} ) in table (Tb1) with one of the choices in the second drop down list (B = {b5}) is a dynamic choice that makes multiple expanding tables (Tc2, Te4, Tf5 out of a total of seven tables) appear each with their own (unique) drop down list?

Or,

Would it be easier to have the first choice (i'm probably using this word incorrectly) "index" the options for the other drop down lists, etc....

Level 2

Well - that question kinda blew my brain!!! I'd keep it as simple as poss, using just the one dropdown list to hide/set visible other items/be it sub forms, other drop down boxes, fields etc.

I have found the ability to dynamicly hide subforms that contain other questions sets an invaluable tool in Livecycle

Good luck!