Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Table with subform: manage the font (size, color) of each recording

Level 2

Hi there, 

I have a data table that I display via subforms and I would like for some lines to be able to modify the font (size, color, style etc) from a field in my current data line.

Example:

. my data table:

LAST_NAMEFIRST_NAMECHANGE_STYLE
HAMILTONLEWISX
RAIKKONENKIMI 
SENNAAYRTONX
ALONSOFERNANDO 

Now, when this data are displayed in my PDF, i would like, for example, the following result:

LAST_NAMEFIRST_NAMECHANGE_STYLE
HAMILTONLEWISX
RAIKKONENKIMI 
SENNAAYRTONX
ALONSOFERNANDO 

The new style of the row (line 1 and 3 in my example) is applied if the field 'CHANGE_STYLE' is equal to 'X'.

Is it possible to do that? in javascript i suppose.

Thank for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

the layout.ready event is the one you must use for such changes to field formatting. But I approach it slightly different then you I guess. The linked example takes 2 seconds to render a 1000 row table (which is good). I created a very rough subform based table and make a pseudo data fill with a script. See if that works for you.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:14266d35-a169-4ea7-9d90-20ee62e36c2...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

this is posibble. All you need is a scritpt in the layout ready event of the row. 

Given the cells are named LAST_NAME, FIRST_NAME and CHANGE_STYLE it could look this way: 

var bStyle = this.CHANGE_STYLE.rawValue === "x" ? true : false;
this.LAST_NAME.font.weight = bStyle ? "bold" : "normal";
this.LAST_NAME.font.underline = bStyle ? "1" : "0";
this.FIRST_NAME.font.fill.color.value = bStyle ? "51,102,255" : "0,0,0";
this.FIRST_NAME.font.posture = bStyle ? "italic" : "normal";
this.FIRST_NAME.font.size = bStyle ? "8pt" : "10pt";
this.FIRST_NAME.font.underline = bStyle ? "1" : "0";

radzmar_0-1611256200976.png

Level 2

Hi there,

it does not work for me, moreover if I implement this event it is very very slow, in the case where I have hundreds of lines it is impossible as a solution.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

the layout.ready event is the one you must use for such changes to field formatting. But I approach it slightly different then you I guess. The linked example takes 2 seconds to render a 1000 row table (which is good). I created a very rough subform based table and make a pseudo data fill with a script. See if that works for you.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:14266d35-a169-4ea7-9d90-20ee62e36c2...