Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Table object misssing, license issue?

Former Community Member

I am new to using LifeCycle Designer ver7.1 and trying to follow some simple tutorials but my installation of v7.1 is missing the table object from all the libraries (standard, barcode, custom) and is also missing from the standard menu (File, Edit, Insert, Help, etc.).

I sometimes use an installation of ver8 on a different computer so I know it exists on version 8 and I believe it should exist on my ver 7.

I have tried the button to "restore standard objects" available in the right-click context menu but it doesn't restore the table object, in fact, "table" does not even appear in the list of standard objects displayed, nor is there any direct reference to “table” in the help index (strange).

Am I wrong and this object feature is not part of ver 7? If I am not wrong, how to I restore this feature to my installation of ver7?

Addendum: I tried repairing the install using the install CD. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the table object is missing.

I am the legit owner of this license although I have multiple installs on other computers (temporarily in storage). Due to this, Acrobat displays a dialogue at start up that this [work] install is just temporary until I can deactivate one of the activations on the computers in storage and transfer it to this work computer (which I will do shortly).

Could it be that Adobe cripples the table object as part of this licensing issue?

Thank you,

Casper

0 Replies