Expand my Community achievements bar.

Table Headrow repeats itself improperly

Level 1

Hello,

THIS IS URGENT:

It is been quite some time now, I am trying to sort out a problem I am facing with repeating headrow of a table. I have tried almost every forum in adobe, and a lot of google links on the subject but does not seem solve my problem. Your help on this is greatly appreciated.

PROBLEM:

I have tables on my form that I need their headrows to be repeated on subsequent pages (not limited to second page). On the preview of the Adobe Livecycle it works fine, however once I open it with Adobe Acrobat 9 to enable "Extend Features in Adobe Reader" to be able to save information on the form, things get messy.

After enabling the Extend Features in Adobe Reader, I open Adobe Reader to type information, and my table goes for three pages long, and after I am done typing I save it and close. When I come back to reopen the form, I see that the heading row has repeated itself 3x on the first page, and the rest of the document it is fine. Why it is repeating itself 3x on the first page, i have no clue. but it is rather strange in deed, and it looks ugly.

Some Background info about a typical table of my form:

Hierarchy:

1. SUBFORM: Content:Flow; Allow Page Breaks within Content; Repeat Subform For each data item-min count 1

1.1 TABLE: Allow Page Breaks within Content

1.1.1 HEADER ROW: Allow Page Breaks within Content; Include Header Row in Initial Page; Include Header Row in Subsequent Page (if the latter one is removed, then the head rows does not repeat itself in a wired way on the 1st page after saving information on the form, but it repeats itself only for 2 pages not more)

1.1.1.1 SUBFORM: Flowed;

1.1.1.1.1 Text box: Allow Page Breaks within Content; Keep with next

1.1.1.1.2 Text box: Allow Page Breaks within Content;

1.1.1.1.3 Text box: Allow Page Breaks within Content;

1.1.1.1.4 Text box: Allow Page Breaks within Content;

1.1.1.1.5 Text box: Allow Page Breaks within Content;

1.1.1.2 Text box (empty)

1.1.1.3 Text box (empty)

1.1.2 ROW1: Allow Page Breaks within Content;

1.1.2.1 Button (JS scrpit for numbering the rows, and adding rows)

1.1.2.2 Text Field - normal settings -  allow multiple lines, expand to fit

1.1.2.3 Text Field - normal settings -  allow multiple lines, expand to fit

1.1.2.4 Text Field - normal settings -  allow multiple lines, expand to fit

1.1.2.5 Subform: Positioned

1.1.2.5.1 Button (JS script button for moving up the row)

1.1.2.5.2 Button (JS script button for moving down the row)

1.1.2.6 Button for deleting rows (JS Script)

1.1.3 Subform: Positioned

1.1.3.1 Button (JS script for adding rows below the last row of the table)

1.1.3.2 Button (JS script for activating the deletion button - 1.1.2.6)

I want that all the elements in red to be repeated on subsequent pages (not limited to page 2), properly without duplicating itself on the first page.

If necessary I can send you the file.

As said this is rather urgent, thus your reply at your earliest convenience is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

16 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

you propably have selected "Repeat row for each data item" for the header row. This is not neccessary and causes the described behavior.

Level 1

Hi Radzmar,

many thanks for your reply.

In deed that selecting " Repeat row for each data item" causes the head row to repeat itself worngly, but when i deselect this option, then my heading row does not repeat itself when following page 3. How to overcome this?

Level 10

There is a setting in the pagination tab for the header row.

You can select if the it should be shown on the first page and/or on subsequent pages.

Level 1

Thanks, yes in deed, I have this option enabled as expalined on my initial post, but this option repeats the header row only for 2 pages and not longer.

Level 2

I believe I have exactly the same problem!

As people keep suggesting, I can deselect the option in the pagination settings, but then no header appears on subsequent pages, and we need this header to repeat on subsequent pages, a maximum of once per page.

I am also using the Reader Extensions to enable saving, and this is the first post I have seen that links the duplicate header issue with the "Extend Features in Adobe Reader" option.

Has anyone found a solution?

This is becoming rather urgent for me too.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric

Level 2

Nevermind, it turns out there was some code in the form that was causing my problem.

Apparently if you try to set the presence of a table header when it's already visible, that can cause the rendering to get messed up.  Who knew?

Level 1

I was troubled with the issue for quiet some time.

Found a SOLUTION.

Select the header row that is peating > go to 'Binding' tab in 'Object' Wndow > Change the 'Default Binding' to 'None'.

Removing Default Binding in Livecycle.png

Level 3

Hello

I also have same problem.  I have table in a subform having flowed layout and table header has 2 rows. Using group option I merge two rows and created a header row having 2 rows in it.  Before applying usage rights everything is fine. But after that header rows repeat itself 3 times.

I have attached both images before and after .  The first image is fine before applying usage rights from acrobat. but after that in 2nd image all things mixed up.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I hope any one would have a working solution of this now.

Thanks

Arvind

Former Community Member

Hi,

I think, if the Header Row is Single Row, Please check the check box as the screen shot.

Single Table.png

If the Header Row is Multiple Rows,

For Header Group,,,Please do as the screen shot.

Header Group.png

1234.png

For Header Row , Please do as the screen shot for each Header Row.

Multiple Table.png

Hope this helps.

S,Candy

Level 3

HI,

I appreciate a lot your help and so much time you gave to help.  I am guessing that grouping header rows means creating a section that repeats.

I will check this and update you soon. It would be better if you send the pdf as attachment. No problem I will create one and check.

Thanks

Arvind

Level 3

Hi S,Candy

I tried your instructions but multiple header were appearing on the first page only. I clicked on multiple header group to show subsequent pages then I showed up. Then Multiple headers appear on all pages but after applying usage right pdf gets messy with all header appears on first page. See linked files please.

Dropbox - Multiple headers table.pdf              

Dropbox - Multiple headers table-after reader enabled.pdf

Perhaps may be a mistake of mine. Can you send pdf as attachment to my email address arvindkumar7@gmail.com

Thanks

Arvind

Former Community Member

Hi Arvind,

Please check the check box for each Header Row.

Object >> Row >> Allow Page Breaks within Content check box.

ipmsgclip_r_1404892725_0.png

I hope this helps.

S,Candy

Level 3

I tried.  Nothing changed dear, Same problem on page 1.

Arvind

Level 1

I've been having what appears to be the same problem.

Try this, it worked for me.

Select the header row.  Go to 'Object'...'Binding' and changed the Default Binding to 'None'.

I don't have the knowledge to explain why it worked, but my form is working exactly the way I want it to now.

DefaultBinding.png

Level 6
This worked for me on a particular form I created. My tables did not have any repeating rows, they just expand with multiple lines in one of the table cells. I was having the same issue when I Reader Extended the PDF. Once I changed the Binding to No Binding then it quit doing it.

Level 1

Changing the Binding of the header field to any garbage value (like none ) also fixed the issue for me.

I would like to know as to why the issue gets fixed due to this ?