Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

table header empty after page break

Level 4

Hi,

I have a table and populate it with an XML file.

The cells of the header row are text fields (not text objects). The data for the table header also comes from the XML file.

After a page break I get a header row on top of each page, which is good. Yet the fields are empty. The fields are filled only in the header row of the first page.

Is there a way to have all the header row fields filled?

(I even tried to have text objects in the header row and fill them in a formReady event. But again on the next page they are filled with the initial value of the text object - and not with the XML-file value.)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Make each one of those header fields Global....in other words set their Binding to Global.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Make each one of those header fields Global....in other words set their Binding to Global.

Level 4

Thank you very much. I tried it, and it works!

Now the real work starts as this is quite a large form and I have to go thru all fields to make sure, that none of those fields has one of those header-field names. Oh well.

In other words: I wish PDFs had a different logic here. Adobe could really work on this.