Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Table doesn't appear

Level 1

LiveCycle ES2 v9.0. I have put a table in my form - fixed size. Some of the cells contain plain text, some drop-down lists. The table does not appear in Preview PDF or when I Publish to Repository and view in Acrobat. The table does appear when I print the document. Why is this happening?

Graham

6 Replies

Level 7

It sounds like the table is set to visible (print only). This setting can be found in Object > Table > Presence. Just change it to visible.

Level 1

Thank you but I've tried all those settings and none of them work for on-screen preview or publishing so I'm completely stuck.

Former Community Member

Hi IGMiller,

Could you please mail me the form @ kvdvijaykumar@gmail.com so that i could have a look?

Thanks,

VJ

Level 1

VJ,

I should mention that I created the table using the wizard and set up sections. I’ve just inserted simple table and I can view it OK in Preview PDF so I’ll copy/ paste my cells into the new table and see what happens.

Regards,

Graham Miller

Training Coordinator

Metrol Technology Limited

Metrol Centre

Kirkhill Place

Kirkhill Industrial Estate

Dyce

Aberdeen

AB21 0GU

Dir: (+44) 1224 799778

Sbd: (+44) 1224 772771

Fax: (+44) 1224 772660

Former Community Member

Hi Miller,

I had gone through your form. When i "ungroup section" all the sections that are grouped, i'm able to see the able. I'm afraid that following is the reason why the table has not appeared before ungrouping:

1) Your table structure is wrong. Currently your table structure is as follows:

<Table>

HeaderRow0

Row1[0]

HeaderRow1

HeaderRow2

Row1[1]

Row1[2]        

</Table>

You can have multiple Header Rows in a single table provided the Header Rows should be immediate to eachother and should be grouped as one. You can't have a Header Row a Body Row place multiple times between eachother.

If you wish to have multiple Header Rows, then you should create nested table (table within table). The possible structure in that case would be as follows:

<Table0>

<Table1>

HeaderRow0

Row1[0]

</Table1>

<Table2>

HeaderRow1  (Group HR1 and HR2)

HeaderRow2

Row1[1]

Row1[2]        

</Table2>

</Table0>

So, you need to restructure your table.

Please feel free to ask me in case of any queries.

Thanks,

VJ

Level 1

Many thanks for taking the time to look at this VJ

Graham