Expand my Community achievements bar.

tab order for radio button choices

Former Community Member

Hi Community!  I have a form that was created in Acrobat and taken into LiveCycle Designer ES 2.

It contains lots of radio button choices. The tab order for radio buttons is inconsistent.  Sometimes the 1st choice (which is what is required) and sometimes other choices.

I've checked hierarchy, tab order, layout alignment of the radio buttons in each group.  Even looked at the XML.  Nothing seems wrong.....so why the random tab order?

Need to get this fixed.  HELP!

Thanks!!

1 Reply

Level 1

I don't know why it happens, but it happened to me, too.  The three radio buttons of a radio button group were aligned with the same Y coordinate.  When I pressed tab to navigate to the radio button group, the middle radio button was selected.  After slightly raising the first radio button and slightly lowering the third radio button, I pressed tab, and the first radio button was selected.  I also found that more significantly raising the first radio button caused the first radio button to be selected; however, it was not as aesthetically pleasing. My thanks to @jimmypham who submitted an answer on Oct 11, 2005 2:40 PM to the following problem:  Re: Tabbing order with Radio Buttons & Text Boxes.