Expand my Community achievements bar.

tab order doesn't work right from pg 1 to pg 2

Level 3

(apologies if I've posted this question twice . . . )

I created a one-page form and did the tab order and it worked fine.  After some thought, I added a second page.  On page two, I think the tab order defaulted to start over at 1 rather continuing from the last number on page one.  I guess that's Ok - I mean, it doesn't seem to be a problem in my opinion.  However, my problem (in preview) is going from the last field on page one, to the first field on page two. The tab order is correct, but the tab jumps to a field about half-way thru page two, instead of going to the first field (tab 1) on page two.  I have done everything I can think of to get rid of this tabbing bug.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or alternately, a fix for the "bug"?

Thanks!

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Would need to see the form to see what is happening. Can you send it and a dewscription of the issue to LiveCycle8@gmail.com

Paul

Level 3

(So you can see how my question was answered (from the bottom up) . . . )

Well . . . rats!  I’m sorry I took the shortcut and didn’t name my fields – lesson learned.

Thanks very much!

Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 8:13 AM
Subject: Re: tabs in livecycle[Scanned]

Yes the naming of the fields will affect you. When tabbing off of the Notes field you are looking for TextField1[2] (the second occurance of that field). This is causing confusion as there are a number of TextField1 on each page. I renamed the Notes and the Student fields as well as named the Page2 and it works fine ....see my attached form.

Paul

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Barton Alicia <abarton@piedmont.edu> wrote:

Hey Paul, thanks for taking a look . .  .

So, the last tab in page 1 is the large “Notes” box – tab 158.  The the first tab in page 2 is “Student”.  Logically one should be able to tab from “Notes” to “Student” based on the way my tabs are numbered.  However, when I do this from preview, the tab lands me in tab 59 on page 2 (a text field for transferred/substituted courses).