Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Tab order between Master and Design View Pages

Level 5

My form has a box in the top right hand corner of the form (Figure 1).

LCErrorCode Part 2.JPG(Figure 1)

This box is a tracking number to associate the form with a certain order. I placed the tracking box on the Master Page (MP) because I would like this tracking box to appear on every page. Since the document has expandable text boxes I never truly know how many pages the form will contain and for example, this Page 5 would be unidentifiable without this tracking number.

Placing the tracking box on the MP instead of the Design View (DV) Pages however kept the tabbing order from being correct.

The tracking box on Page 1 above would tab to the last page (i.e. Page 3, 6, 11) with one stroke of the tab key instead of going to the next text field found on Page 1. I tried moving the tabs in the order I wanted such as #7 on DV Page 2 to #37 on DV Page 1 (Figure 2). However I received an error message (Figure 3) when attempting to move the Master Page items.

LCErrorCode Part 3.JPG(Figure 2)

LCErrorCode.JPG(Figure 3)

So I moved the tracking box (Figure 1) on the MP to the DV Page 1 and wrapped it in a repeatable subform. However now the subform for the Tracking Box is not repeating on every page.

So I find myself between “a rock and hard a place”. Can I fix the tabbing between Master Page 1 to Design Page 1 or figure out how to get a subform to repeat on every DP like a MP subform would?

Any thoughts? Adobe doesn’t address this subject very clearly nor do the 2  books I have.

4 Replies

Level 10

If you set the access of the field to "protected" it will remove it from tab order, that might help.

Level 5

No I need to be able to access that field. Protection locks it, rendering text unable to be entered. Thank you though.

Level 5

Jono,

Maybe you can answer this. The tracking number field (pictured at the top of this thread) has a red arrow pointing at it. I need to duplicate this text field (tracking number field) on subsequent pages, but always in the same place (top right hand corner). I would do this typically on the Master Page, however then I end up with a troublesome tabbing order situation as discussed earlier. I'd move the tracking box down into the document but then I end up with border lines running behind the tracking box but still visable in the window of the tracking box. http://forums.adobe.com/message/4800110#4800110

I created the tracking box and wrapped it in a subform to position it at the seen location above (pictured at the top of this thread). Now I seem to have forotton how to duplicate this subform at the top of every page without it being a MP object. Any ideas? Thanks.

Level 10

You could use a couple of master pages. On the first page have the field on the regular page (or master page) and have another master page with the field on it set to protected. Set the binding to global and make sure the fields have the same name or you can script copying the value.

That way you can access the field on the first page and the tabbing order should be fixed on the others.