Expand my Community achievements bar.

tab order and acrobat

Level 1

Hi all,

I'm ready to burn my copy of acrobat and Livecycle designer.

What I need to do is have the following elements available over a series of pages -  I'm creating an application form:

- often 30+ text fields per page

- one image field for the applicant's logo

- the ability to save the document for further amendments

all this functionality needs to be accessible with adobe reader.

Previously I thought I had managed to attain this holy grail - until of course I saved the PDF in livecycle, enable usage rights in acrobat and tested the PDF. All my tab orders were out of place.

so I go into livecycle, and amend the tab orders. We're talking over 19 pages of content, all with 30+ text fields per page. It's a lot of work for my mouse hand. I save the file, test it again, and none of the changes have been saved.

Can anyone offer me a solution?

I'm on Windows XP SP3, using CS3 web.

Dan

2 Replies

Level 4

Hi Dan

Have you tried amending the tab order in Acrobat at all once the PDF is generated from LiveCycle.  You can access this I think from one of the options at the top.  I had a similar problem converting InDesign to PDF using CS4 and it is a bit of a pain as if you spot that you have made a mistake in your original document you have to do all the tab order and tool tips again.

Thanks

Darren

Level 1

good idea, but as soon as I edit it in acrobat I lose the image attachment functionality. What a ballache. I never want to use LCD again.