Expand my Community achievements bar.

Switch a Policy using workbench

Level 2

I am not sure if i should post this under rights management or workbench.  But here it is.

I have created a process to portect documents no problem.  Trying to figure out how to use the switch policy Activity

I am not sure what I need to use for the inputs :License Identifier, New Policy Set Name and New Policy name. I tried using a variable for License Identiifer and literals for New policy set name , New Ploicy Name both wich I know exisit.

Any Advice?

Thanks,

Chad

1 Reply

Former Community Member

The license ID is the unique value that is generated by Rights Management when a policy is applied to a document.  The license ID is required when switching policies or revoking documents.

There are a couple of ways to get the Licence ID value, the license ID for a protected document is emvedded in the document itself.  You can use the "Get License Identifier" operation, pass the protected document as input, it outputs the License ID.  The second way is to use the "Inspect Protected Document" operation,  pass the protected document as input, it outputs a complex object (RM Inspect Result), one of the attributes of this complex objeject is the license ID.

Hope this helps.

Steve