Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Survey - Java, Hardware and Software Configuration - LiveCycle ES

user2222
Level 2
Level 2

Survey - Java and Configuration of LiveCycle ES

Hello, I see quite a lot of things on the Java configurations.

As far as I am concerned, I am a developper making a ECM Connector for LiveCycle. I currently use 2 computers ...

We wish to know more about configurations of LiveCycle ES installation.

Please, take some time to answer this survey - copy/paste the following questions.

1- Do you use many computers? How?

Example: one for the development with Eclipse or for the Workbench ES, and one for the LiveCycle ES Server.

2- What is your hardware configuration? CPU and memory, 32 or 64 architecture.

3- Which version of LiveCycle ES do you have? Version of LC, Operating system and application server.

Example: JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle ES - Jboss Livecycle version 8.2 with SP2 - on Windows XP Pro SP 3.

4- What is your Java Configuration? Do you do specific Java Options?

I saw that some people change the memory parameters or the Garbage Collector options with -X and -XX.

5- Do you sometime have some OutOfMemoryProblems or problems related to the lack of ressources?

Thank you for taking time for answering. You will then have a look a everyone's configuration.

1 Reply
user2222
Level 2
Level 2

Here is my configuration.

1- Do you use many computers? How?

I use 2 computers: one for the Java development with Eclipse,

the second one for the Workbench ES and the LiveCycle ES Server.

2- What is your hardware configuration? CPU and memory, 32 or 64 architecture.

Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad - Q9550 - 2.83 Ghz - 4Go of RAM - 32 bits (this is a new workstation computer).

3- Which version of LiveCycle ES do you have? Version of LC, Operating system and application server.

Adobe LiveCycle ES with JBoss - Jboss Livecycle version 8.2 with SP2 

Windows XP Pro SP 3.

4- What is your Java Configuration? Do you do specific Java Options?

For the server, I now have -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 because there was -XX:SurvivorRatio=6.

I looked at the instruction there: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406231.html

5- Do you sometime have some OutOfMemoryProblems or problems related to the lack of ressources.

Yes, the workbench ES is sometimes missing memory. I also got some other OutOfMemory Exceptions when the Workbench ES was on the computer with Eclipse.

Thanky you