Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

subtotal table that has user defined categories

Level 1

I have a table where I need to subtotal user defined values. The entries can be any format - although they are usually of the form A12345(e.g.) - and there can be multiple entries of the same value. What I came up with is a javascript that builds an array, filters the unique values, compares the two and then subtotals the results in a second table. The script triggers on exiting the Tmark and Estimated Volume fields of the form.uniqueSortStaticTable_loop.jpg

//function to find unique values in a given array

var unique = function(origArray) {

var newArray = [],

origLen = origArray.length,

found,

x, y;

for ( x = 0; x < origLen; x++ ) {

found = undefined;

for ( y = 0; y < newArray.length; y++ ) {

if ( origArray[x] === newArray[y] ) {

found = true;

break;

}

}

if ( !found) newArray.push( origArray[x] );

}

return newArray;

}

//use find unique function to set values for the original array and for that same array filtered for unique values

var tmarkArray = []

var uniqArray = [];

for (var i=0; i < 4; i++) {

var mark = xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.table.row[" + i + "].tmark").rawValue;   

uniqArray.push(mark);

tmarkArray.push(mark);

}

uniqArray = unique(uniqArray);

//get array of estimated volume values from first table

var nAmount = []

for (var i=0; i < 4; i++) {

var estVol = xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.table.row[" + i + "].estVol").rawValue;   

nAmount.push(estVol);

}

//clear values in second table to allow recalculation

for (var i=0; i<tmarkArray.length; i++)

{   

xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.row[" + i + "].Cell1").rawValue = null;

xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.row[" + i + "].Cell2").rawValue = null;   

xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.row[" + i + "].Cell3").rawValue = null;   

}

//loop through first table and fill second table with subtotalled amounts.

for (var i=0; i<tmarkArray.length; i++)

{   

for (var a=0; a < 4; a++) {

if (tmarkArray[i] == uniqArray[a])    {

if  (xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.row["+ a +"].Cell3").rawValue != null){

xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.row["+ a +"].Cell1").rawValue = tmarkArray[i];

xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.row["+ a +"].Cell3").rawValue = xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.row["+ a +"].Cell3").rawValue + nAmount[i];

}

else {

xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.row["+ a +"].Cell1").rawValue = tmarkArray[i];

xfa.resolveNode("form1.page1.Table1.row["+ a +"].Cell3").rawValue = nAmount[i];

}

}

}

}

The script works, but I don't think it is very elegant and it only works on a static table. I would like to be able to use it on dynamic tables.

0 Replies